Christmas Bath Products I

So every year I make a Cruelty-Free Christmas Beauty Haul video for Youtube (here is this year's!), featuring products from stores such as Lush and the Body Shop and show off some of their bath bombs and the like. It was only this year that it occurred to me that as good as talking about a bath bomb straight out of the shop was, it wasn't quite the same as seeing them in action. Now I wasn't about to take my video camera with me to the bath, but I did snap some pictures of the products in use to show you what the bath bombs, jellies, bubble bars and wands actually do in water! So here are the first few that I have used! (And please excuse the fact that the lighting in my bathroom seems to make whites tinge a bit green and skin go bright red - I think it was just trying to be festive!)






First up is the Glazed Apple Bath Jelly by the Body Shop. I was initially disappointed with this product as the first couple of times I used it, I couldn't really get much bubble out of it. However, after some experimenting, I did eventually get something that had more right to call itself a bubble bath!! The smell of this is just gorgeous, a sweet and fruity blend, however it didn't really linger much in the bath jelly form.






Next is the Magic of Christmas Re-Usable Bubble Wand from Lush. I fell in love with this product the second I saw it. A big orange star with glitter and clove stuck on a cinnamon stick with a bell? Just Christmassy perfection. I hadn't used one of the re-usable bubble wands before so I was a little sceptical going in but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The wand left the whole bathroom smelling of Christmas spice and made a nice amount of bubbles (even if it did turn the water an unpleasant shade of yellow). It dried out well for reuse and would probably have survived intact for five baths had I not dropped it!




The apple-smelling So White from Lush has been a Christmas favourite of mine for a few years now and it didn't disappoint. It doesn't really bubble, but it fills the bathroom with a nice soft scent and leaves your skin feeling really soft once you get out!




Last up is Yog-Nog which I think is new to Lush, or at least is new to me! This bath bomb had a super sickly toffee scent that hung around for a long time, even after the bath had been emptied. It was a very Christmassy, rich scent and though it was great for this time of year, I don't think I could use it on the regular! Like So White, it doesn't bubble, but turned the water an inexplicable green colour and again left my skin feeling really great!


So that is the first lot of Christmas bath products that I used this season! Hopefully it's been in some way enlightening even if just for me, so I can remember what I liked best when it comes time to repurchase next year!!

Zoe

Zoe. 23. Writer. Educator. Reader. Ravenclaw. X-Man. Tribute. Arkham Inmate. I like to dream, create and make lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment